Awesome People

Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Kind of Blog


"Awesome is the New Pretty." That is the tagline at Boy On Film, a blog I stumbled upon today. It is run by someone calling himself Brooke Cloudbuster, a fellow from New Zealand who writes mostly about movies. Brooke has really excellent taste and is just as likely to write a review of It Happened One Night (A+! Yay!) as the latest Hollywood blockbuster. More likely, in fact. I don't know about you, but it gives me a bit of a thrill to see a review that includes both All About Eve and Terror Planet. That's quite a double feature!

But who am I fooling? Look at Brooke's banner (conveniently hijacked and published here) and you'll know immediately why he's aces in my book. Bette Davis? Check. Audrey Hepburn? Check. Garbo, Bjork, Liz, Isabelle freakin' Huppert? Check, check, check and freakin' check! . And smack dab in the middle: Alex Pettyfer. It may seem a bit incongruous to see Alex up there with Vivien Leigh, Ziyi Zhang and all those other divas, but why not? After all, these are a few of my favorite things! Dig a little deeper and you will find that one of Brooke's recurring themes in 2007 was "Gratuitous Alex Pettyfer Photo Day." So... awesome and pretty! Brooke, we might be soulmates!

1 comment:

J.D. said...

I know, right? He totally rocks.