Awesome People

Saturday, September 27, 2008

R.I.P. Paul Newman (1925-2008)



One of the last Hollywood Legends, Paul Newman wasn't content just to be a top-tier movie star (back when being a movie star really meant something) and one of the most desirable human beings on the planet. He wanted to make the world a better place, too, and he put his money where his mouth is. He will be missed.
If you have a minute, read this little obituary over at Slate.com, but be sure to have a tissue at hand.

2 comments:

Nick Plowman said...

God, he was so gorgeous! *cries*

I'm gonna miss him.

bufs said...

I don't recall when I first saw "The Long, Hot Summer" (other than it was a very long time ago, on my grandmother's b&w television.) I became an instant, lifelong fan of Paul Newman and William Faulkner. May they RIP.