Awesome People

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Would You Like To See A Movie With This Cast?

I've told you before about an upcoming film, which starts filming in September,  called Magic Mike.  Just in case you missed it, Magic Mike is a Stephen Soderbergh film based (loosely, I'm sure) on the life experiences of Channing Tatum, particularly the part of his life when he was a teenage stripper.  I was already excited about this film, anyone who knows me at all knows why, but some recent casting announcements are even more exciting.

Channing Tatum plays the title role of Mike, an "older" stripper who teaches the new kid the ropes.
Alex Pettyfer plays the new kid,  Channing Tatum, or at least a character based on Channing Tatum.
Matthew "I Don't Even Own A Shirt" McConaughey plays the owner of the strip club.
Matt Bomer has been cast in an unknown role, as a stripper I assume,  but we know what happens to those who assume, don't we?  Matt also appears in In Time with Alex Pettyfer.
Shiloh Fernandez,  last seen playing Edward Cullen a dark and mysterious love interest in Red Riding Hood, has not officially been cast, but is rumored to be in the cast.
That's it so far.  So, what to you think?  Is this a movie that you might be interested in seeing?

Update! 

Joe Manganiello as Big Dick Richie. I kid you not.

2 comments:

Michael said...

If I don't see Alex Pettyfer working the pole in a thong, I AM OUTTA HERE!!

Vera said...

You and me both, sweetie.