Awesome People

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Something To Look At

How did he take this self-portrait without taking the lens cap off his camera?
The fellow in the photo above is Alex Stoddard, a young photographer who, when he's not doing things like attending high school,  takes some of the most beautiful, dramatic, and highly imaginative photos I've seen from a person his age.  He has a Tumblr blog (the photos at Tumblr are not necessarily all his, although many of them are)  and a Flickr photostream,  both of which I highly recommend.  It doesn't hurt at all that more often than not he is his own model, and he's quite an attractive young man. The pictures here do not even begin to demonstrate his talent, but I'm not going to show you a bunch of his photos, because I really want you to check them out for yourself.  I don't know Alex, and I've never communicated with him, but I'm sure he would appreciate your feedback. Perhaps you'd even like to buy one of his prints.  Consider it an investment.  I have a feeling that he'd going to be big-time in the not-too-distant future.


Today's soundtrack is Bette Midler: The Divine Miss M.

4 comments:

bufs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bufs said...

Gosh. Amazing find, per usual, Vera.

Thing is, the second picture. The "cloud" one. Is it a cloud (of smoke or whatever) or is it an image of some cosmic deity looking down and apparently liking what's seen?

Okay, so you really have to use your imagination on this one. But ... goodness me!

More awesomeness from Vera!

Uncle Mame said...

Wow! He takes self pics to a whole new level.

Jason Shaw said...

Ohhhhh, that's clever.

Actually he is a really talented fella.