Awesome People

Friday, December 30, 2011

At The Movies

I went and saw War Horse today, which is a very old fashioned movie. It reminded me of Black Beauty mixed with All's Quiet on the Western Front. I'm sure that some will be put off by its earnestness, its lack of irony, its sentimentality, and its unabashed audience manipulation, but I must admit that I wept through large portions of it.  Those who are cooler than I will no doubt be howling with indignation when it receives multiple Oscar nominations (while I consider any serious contemplation of the Academy Awards as more than a pop culture sideshow to be a sign of immaturity).  Well, so be it, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the film immensely.

Plus, it didn't hurt that I got to look at this:

And this:

Life is short. You have to enjoy the small pleasures while you can.

2 comments:

jaymcfly said...

mmm that jeremy , I rather like him . Funny in my film magazines , Its always spielberg that gets interviewd
I be quite happy to pose a few questions to Jeremy .

'' Jeremy now you can ride , who would you like teach to ride ?''

A - Action Alex
B- Touchdown Robbie
C- Double G .

Luke said...

Ooh..you got to see it already...how lovely!
I guess it'll take 2 or 3 more months until it opens in theatres over here.