Awesome People

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Becoming A Star In The Age of Internet



This is a sign of me getting old, I guess, but I've been surprised lately by what it takes to be famous on the the internet. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but a lot of people with very short resumes have some pretty diverse and devoted fan bases. Case in point is this fellow who I ran across recently. His name is James Gaisford and he's an actor. Mind you,  he only has one IMDb credit, and that's for a supporting role in a DisneyXD movie.  Did you see Den Brother?  No, I didn't think so. So why does this guy have a "Fuckyeah" Tumblr devoted to him, and swooning fangirls tweating about him? It's because he plays the lead in an amateur YouTube video based on The Hunger Games novels.  And that, in this new age,  is all it takes.  It's a brave new world, and I'm not complaining.




3 comments:

red_eye said...

Hello

I love your blog.
You should add it in the new gay bloggers' platform.
http://www.bestgaybloggers.com

What I like is that you can meet other gay bloggers with similar interests,
and get many tools and tips for having more impact to your blog.
I just add my blog.
That 's why I give you the tip.
;)

Martin

Luke said...

Très handsome!
I like his rosy cheeks a lot.

Uncle Mame said...

I ain't complaining either, especially if it means more hotness like this to enjoy, yowza!
Cheers and Happy New Year, Vera!