Awesome People

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Some Odds and Ends


Today I will share a few things that have been on my mind lately, or piling up on my desktop, or whatever.

There are few things in the world more adorable than a boy and a dog.  Especially when the boy is a half-naked River Viiperi.

After eleven years, my totally unreasonable obsession with American Idol rages unabated.  I can' rationalize it. This year I'm all about Phillip Phillips. And, let's face it, Heejun Han.


And speaking of musical talent shows-



One Direction, the third place finishers in the 2010 U.K. X Factor, have made Billboard chart history by being the first U.K. act to have their debut album debut at #1 on the Billboard album chat.  Nice going, boys.  Now, why don't you come over to my place and we'll celebrate?


So, yeah, this is kind of out of left field, but we were talking about Busby Berkeley movies at work today (really!) and I thought about this number from Gold Diggers of 1937. It's the best part of one of the weaker films from Berkeley's Warner Brothers oeuvre. I mostly like it for Joan Blondell's little spoken part, in which she coolly outlines her plan to marry an old guy so she can fuck him to death.  "A sudden love attack, and I get all his jack."  Indeed.


Finally, our friend April sent us this, a fake movie poster for the (nonexistent) movie version of her novel, The Howling Heart, with Alex Pettyfer as the male lead, Riley. The original photo is by Greg Gorman. Kind of cool, I think.

Speaking of fake things, and Alex Pettyfer,  the gossip sites have been all agog with the rumor, which they are presenting as if it were news, that Alex and his current girlfriend Riley Keough (she is Elvis Presley's granddaughter, and at one time was Michael Jackson's stepdaughter) are engaged. How do they know about this?  Why, because Riley was photographed wearing a ring.  Since that's their only evidence, I think I'll hold off on picking out a wedding present.


3 comments:

Luke said...

If thats the stuff which is usually on your mind I would really like to take a look into your head sometimes.

Oh, and thanks for mentioning that's a fake movie poster...I was already on my way to check Imdb for "The Howling Heart".

April said...

Luke, that's awesome. I'm glad you thought my fake movie poster was real. LOL! I hope one day you can really check IMDB for The Howling Heart. :)

Luke said...

Oh..I hope so too! :)