Awesome People

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

YOLO Solo

Last week a 17-year-old boy got it into his head to go streaking at the Toronto Blue Jays game (that's baseball, I'm told) and made a bit of a sensation.  




There are a few things I learned from this incident. 

  1. YOLO stands for "You Only Live Once." Having grown up watching James Bond movies, I happen to know that you only live twice.  
  2. Streaking isn't what it used to be.  Back in my day,  streaking, by definition, involved being "naked as a jay bird." (See below for Ray Steven's seminal masterpiece, The Streak.) These days you can "streak"  in a Speedo, which seems, in my opinion, to diminish the shock value. 
  3. As far as I'm concerned, boys who look like that can streak all they want.
Just so you'll know, this will probably be the closest thing to a sports related post on this blog until Olympic diving events are televised in the summer. I generally only report on sports if Speedos are involved.
 

2 comments:

MFMblogger said...

My lord he was a cutie. I wouldn't have minded a few hours alone with him after he was arrested and still in handcuffs! ;)

murdy said...

First off did you guys see when the black security guy touched the boys chest at the end of the video. Second did you see when the baseball player in the outfield tried to touch his but? And third I wonder when the boy starts sueing for sexual harrassment/abuse for touching and forcing am almost naked underage youth to the ground?