Awesome People

Monday, December 31, 2012

Outrageous Beauty

We bid adieu to 2012 with this Parisian fellow named Augustin Marlot, possessor of the kind of beauty that makes life worth living.  Not much info about this guy.  I'm not even sure that he's a professional model. Hope so.

2012 was a pretty crap year for me, if you want the truth, but at least I will never have to utter the words "President Romney", so there's that, and there are always beautiful boys like this to remind me why I should get out of bed in the morning.   As the year comes to a close I have been contemplating the future of this blog.  There doesn't seem to be lot of  interest being shown for it lately. Page views are down, and aside from a very tiny group of stalwarts, I never get comments, and even then...

So please enjoy Augustin, and I'll see you in 2013, maybe.











3 comments:

Pixxan said...

About 98% of the hits to my site are the result of text or image searches, not people visiting the site to see what's new.

The rise of tumblr probably plays a huge part, though, of course, I don't have any analytical data to back this up. My own opinion is that people might rather have a steady stream of images on their dashboards from other tumblr members they subscribe to, rather than wait days for posts on Blogger or Wordpress sites.

That said, I still prefer this style of blogging to tumblr as it gives me a way to post many (many!) pictures in a single post. I prefer scouring the Web for images from many sources and, where possible, attaching names to the models I post. (Most tumblr blogs I've seen could care less about this.) Likewise, layouts for mixed media posts are also easier.

All things considered, I'll be here for the foreseeable future simply because I blog for the joy of it. That anyone drops by for a look is a bonus, and I'm very appreciative of those who do whether they comment or not. (Let's face it, I'm not the best at adding text to my own posts.)

And now it's confession time. I have two tumblr accounts, though I don't put nearly as much time into them as I do Pixelated Texan. One is similar: cryptoRay is for quicky posts along the same lines as PT, and imageRay is a completely different beast.

I do hope you'll hang around, Vera. When I started my blog a year and a half ago, you were my inspiration and my mentor. If I can be allowed to re-use an old phrase for a more honorable purpose, we, the Silent Majority, would miss you as one misses a close friend.

-Latrent (AKA pixxan)

Pitbullshark said...

Vera, I am GLAD that you DO get out of bed in the morning (although you also certainly do deserve to stay in there as LONG as you want...preferably with suitably appreciative company!

Luke said...

Happy new year to you, Vera!
Sorry to learn about the drawbacks that it had for you. Just don't do anything impetuous to your blog, now that it looks all fresh, mint and lovely.
Thanks for Augustin. He's long lean and lovely!