Buy Stuff

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Forbidden Alex! Banned from Famous Males Forum!



After I scanned and edited all my Alex Pettyfer pictures I posted them to Famous Male Forums, which is one of my favorite places on the web. Predictably, the first comments there were of the following variety:

1) OH MY GOD! HE'S SMOKING!
2) TATTOOS?!?! I HATE TATTOOS!

I exaggerate slightly, but it seems as if anytime anyone posts pictures of Alex there (and they do frequently) the reaction is the same.

Now, just for the record, I am not a smoker, I dislike cigarettes, and I wish that people would not pollute their bodies with cigarette smoke. But come on people, we love him because he's beautiful, not because he's smart. If he were photographed shooting up with Amy Winehouse I'd be concerned.

Also, I am not a fan of tattoos. I believe that human skin is about the most beautiful thing in the world, and it is a shame to cover it up with ink. But yeah, even with those awful tattoos, Alex is still a gorgeous, sexy man.

That said, I thought that just for the fun of it I would remove his tats just to see how gorgeous and sexy he would be without them. Thank you, Photoshop. In the meantime, another forum member, Krew, who apparently is not a fan of photographer Mariano Vivanco's deliberately grainy style decided to perform his own Photoshop magic, essentially brightening the photo and removing noise. The result, though a tiny bit plastic for my tastes, was a remarkable sharp and clear photo of Alex, tattoo and all.

So far, so good, we both posted our results in the thread I started, with at least some positive feedback.

As I said before, I love the Famous Male Forums. There is so much good stuff posted there daily (a lot of junk too, of course) and with its distinctly British point of view there is much to be found that you would never see on an American site. However, the rules there are strict, often arcane and and at times downright paranoid. Last night a moderator who calls himself Tiuri removed both of the images I mentioned above and left a message that read , "Please do not post edited images." Really? Every one of the images I posted was edited by me. In their original state they were huge, over 3000 pixels wide and upwards of 3 megs in size, some of them were upside down and almost all of them were askew, several had writing that I removed and all of them were edited to remove the parts of the magazine page that were just empty space. So if edited images are not allowed, should I remove all of them? But yes, I removed two tattoos in that one photo, so I guess that by some stretch of the imagination it could be considered "fake." On the other hand, all Krew did was clean up the photo, there is nothing fake about it, or at least it isn't any more fake than 99.9% of all the photos you see in magazines every day. Ridiculous call, if you ask me.

So here they are; too hot for Famous Males Forum to handle. Enjoy.

No comments: