Buy Stuff

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Few More Blogs I Can't Live Without

Here are a few more blogs that I read almost daily, and you should too if you know what's good for you.



Variations on a Theme is the blog of William from Chicago who describes himself as "a 23-year-old figuring out what's next." Like most bloggers William blogs about whatever the hell he wants to blog about, which includes theatre, cute guys, movies, music, politics, and cute guys. Did I mention cute guys? It may not have escaped your attention that I occasionally enjoy a cute guy my own self, but what sets William's blog apart, aside from his sparkling prose and vivid personality, is his attention to theatre. Plus, Stephen Sondheim once spoke to him in a dream.

(Once, Andrew Lloyd Webber spoke to me in a dream and I told him that I simply could not take advice from the composer of Aspects of Love. WE GET IT. Love Changes Everything. ENOUGH ALREADY.)









If you think Rants of a Diva, the blog of 20-year-old Dame James Henry, is another one of those pop culture blogs (with an emphasis on movies) that I love so much, you'd be right. Here are a few things to love about this blog:


1) He is from Kalamazoo, Michigan. Ever since I was a child and used to bop out to my mother's LP of Glenn Miller Plays the Songs from The Glenn Miller Story I have loved the song I Have A Gal In Kalamazoo and I will therefore always have a soft spot for that city. Even though I have never been there. Don't judge me.

2) James has exquisite taste and writes like a dream.

3) James knows the difference a real diva and just any chick who can scream out a pop ballad. Most people never learn to make that distinction.

No comments: