Buy Stuff

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fab Actor Alert








For some reason I have had 19-year-old Rafi Gavron on my mind lately, maybe because Perez Hilton spotted him at some Hollywood event recently and totally lost his shit. Well, yeah- just look at him! Rafi is probably best known, to those who know him at all, from Anthony Minghella's Breaking and Entering. I first noticed him as Duro, the toy boy/slave/hired assassin in HBO's sadly departed Rome. When last seen, Duro had been horrifically tortured, then murdered in an alley and stuffed down a sewer. But that's just how those Romans roll. More recently Rafi played Michael Cera's super-hot gay bandmate in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. Next up is Inkheart, based on the Cornelia Funke novel, alongside such lightweights as Helen Mirren and Jim Broadbent, not to mention Paul Bettany and Brendon Fraser. I don't know if the movie will be any good, but it looks as if Rafi's costume may make it worth the ticket price. Maybe it's just me, but he reminds me of a young Johnny Depp.
Addenda: Rafi is short for Raphael. Hot.

3 comments:

J.D. said...

MARRY ME RAFI.

jaymcfly said...

Oh how cool , I'd forgotten about him . I loved 'Breaking and Entering ' I thought it was a great film with a good soundtrack too. Oddly I'm quite partial to Jude Law . If hes in something I'll allways check it out .

Yes Rafi ran all over the place in that film , but i dont think went visibly shirtless once . Thanks for the update .

Mike Ellis, The Jolly Reprobate said...

Raphael, the archangel with healing powers. Sweet.