Buy Stuff

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bring On Da Funk

If you missed Vancouver native Nolan Gerard Funk in his big starring role in Nickelodeon's original (we use the term loosely) movie Spectacular!, you probably aren't the only one. Spectacular! was obviously meant to give the Nick folks their own version of High School Musical and while it failed to live up to those lofty heights (I refer here, mostly, to Nielson ratings), I can think of a lot worse things than looking at this hotness for two hours. (Plus, bonus! Avan Jogia is in it too!) Strangely enough, Nolan seems to be able to sing, dance, and act, all at the same time. By the end of the movie I was saying, "Zac who?"

Thanks to Perez Hilton, we have the following trade ad for a failed Canadian TV pilot called Lotus Land. I have no idea what it was all about, Alfie, but I think I would have tuned in given the chance.



Just one more thing before I wrap this up: I never presume to know the sexual orientation of people I don't know. As far as I'm concerned they're all gay until they prove to me otherwise. But I just read an interview in which he said his favorite performer is Kristen Chenowith. 'Nuf said.

1 comment:

Luke said...

Looks promising! With Avan and Nolan theres already enough eye candy in it to make it worth watching (for me). Thanks for pointing this one out!