Buy Stuff

Friday, August 7, 2009

Shiny Pop Music!











Thanks to our friend jaymcfly I am now completely obsessed with, and cannot stop listening to the music of Frankmusik (aka Vincent Frank), and not just because he's a skinny, 23-year-old with a cute English accent and a lovely ass. In fact, he could weigh 400 pounds and be covered with boils and I'd still have him on repeat on my iPod. Jay told me that Frank's music is "very retro eighties sounding, with sort of mad speeded up bits" and that's true, but it's more than that. It's kind of like Pet Shop Boys meets Mika as sung by Jimmy Somerville? I can't even tell you which one of his swirling, rhythmic, shimmeringly melodic, yet dance-friendly songs I like best. Check out the boppy, poppy Gotta Boyfriend, or When You're Around, his take on the old Stranglers hit Golden Brown, his cover of La Winehouse's Rehab, or the pulsing, bouncy, but still achingly romantic Complete Me. I could go on, because he has at least ten other recordings that I like just as much. Unfortunately, most of his stuff remains unreleased in the USA, but please don't let that stop you.

3 comments:

jaymcfly said...

Oh thats cool that you like his music , very addictive indeed , I saw a good review that said about his voice being very emotional in its range and his music being
' warmer ' than some of the other recent electro poppers we have had over here recently .

He did a tour a few months back where you could offer to put him up overnight and he would do a gig in your house or at a local club ! i understand he was inundated with offers!!.

J.D. said...

I don't really understand how he's not gay.

Vera said...

Well, J.D., nobody's perfect.