Buy Stuff

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Twinky, Twinkier, Twinkiest




From the land of the SuperTwink (aka Japan) comes Kanata Hongo, perhaps the twinkiest twink ever. This actor first come on to my radar when he played the titular role in the live action version of Prince of Tennis, and played a supporting role in the incredibly slow, almost unwatchable Michael Pitt vehicle Silk. Baby-faced, intense, rail thin and with an almost uncanny ability to look as if he may burst into tears at any moment, he's a big hit with Japanese girls of all ages, genders, and nationalities (including me.) And people, would you believe? He's 19 years old-- although in all likelihood he's 18 in these photos.

6 comments:

Luke said...

Lovely, lovelier, loveliest!
Looks esp. nice sitting on the curb....would like to tow him away!

Mike Ellis, The Jolly Reprobate said...

I know there's a joke here about being the guy to put the cream filling into Twinkies, but I'm too much of a gentleman to say it.

jaymcfly said...

I really liked him in the prince of tennis , a true super twink !

=Mothra= said...

Sweet! But he looks like a stiff breeze could carry him away.

Luke said...

...could be advantageous....if the breeze blows in your direction... :D

steve said...

OK, I give up: what is it? It's wearing clothes, but it's clearly not human. Studying the pictures, I don't even detect any particularly mammalian characteristics. But it's utterly devoid of color, so I doubt it's a bird or plant. The dark spots near its top are far too big to function as eyes (some kind of echo-locator?), and it appears to have no food-intake orifice (nutrient absorption through the skin? if that IS skin?) ... Please, Vera! Give me a hint!