Buy Stuff

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Two Blogs I Love

I guess I'm an anglophile, because so many of the things in the world that make me happy emanate from the United Kingdom. This has been true for as long as I can remember. I attribute it to growing up in a time when there were only four TV channels and one of them was PBS, which seemed to be 90% programming from BBC, and London Weekend Television. It had to warp my tiny little mind watching reruns of Father Dear Father, Dad's Army, The Good Life (it was called Good Neighbors over here), No Honestly, Upstairs Downstairs, Dr. Who, The Goodies, and of course Monty Python's Flying Circus.  I remember my Mother asking me how I could watch those shows when she couldn't understand a word they were saying.  But I digress.  My point is that I dig on the Brits. I just can't help myself.

Which leads me to these two delightful blogs that I really think you should all be reading if you aren't already.

First up is the big gay adventures of silly old daniel, written, not surprisingly, by a youngster from northeast England named Daniel, who describes himself as "shallow."  Well, join the club, honey.  Daniel writes amusingly about his life, his friends, the songs he likes, and all that jazz, but you really should not miss his regular feature The Silly Old Daniel Celebrity Roundup, in which he hilariously dissects all the latest celebrity news.  I'm not kidding you, it is so very funny.

Daniel: "I always take Jedward's side in times like this because I feel a bit sorry for them (and would also really like to have sex with them provided they didn't speak the entire time)..."

I would also like to recommend Jason Shaw's blog, The Seafront Diaries. Jason lives in the beautiful town of Brighton.  He writes charmingly about whatever crosses his mind,  everything from "gay issues" to how his date went last night, sometimes with a nice picture to go along, but that's not what it's all about.   I love reading his little stories about what's going on in his life, even when not much happened. Always puts a big smile on my face. I hope you'll drop by and say hello to him.  Daniel, too.


Is this one of Jason's dates?

Do you have any blogs to recommend?  Let me know, even if it's your blog.

2 comments:

Silly Old Daniel said...

*eyes widen*

THANK YOU that is so very lovely!
x

bufs said...

Gosh, Vera. You're just like me, only impossibly better.

But that's not really so hard, come to think about it. ;-)

Thanks, as eva'!