Buy Stuff

Saturday, October 2, 2010

OK, I Get It Now




I'll be the first to admit that I was skeptical when I learned that Andrew Garfield had been tapped to play the high profile role of Peter Parker in the upcoming Spiderman reboot.  Frankly, I thought it was weird.  All indications were that they were planning to take Spidey back to high school, so why cast a 27-year-old?   Why cast an Englishman as Peter Parker, native New Yorker?  And isn't Garfield just a bit too intense, brooding and disheveled to play a superhero?  Yesterday I saw The Social Network, and all doubts were cast aside.  Not to take away from the accomplishments of anybody else in that fine movie, but Andrew Garfield is the heart and soul of the film, and he proved that he could be funny, that he can pull off a successful American accent (mostly) and that he is beautiful, not just dorky-cute as I previously thought.  So, I am now officially excited for Spiderman 4, or whatever they are going to call it, and I will be especially happy if Emma Stone plays Mary Jane Watson.

Did you know that Andrew Garfield was born in Los Angeles and has one American parent and therefore will be eligible to run for U.S. president in 2018?  I just want you to think about how hot that would be.

2 comments:

=Mothra= said...

I must go forth and see
The Social Network I see!

jaymcfly said...

I have to say Andrew looks really different in those photos , I have been quite taken with how much of a fan Andrew is of Spiderman from the comics to the film .