Buy Stuff

Friday, March 11, 2011

Big Gay Contest #2: Spring Cleaning Edition

 
Actual photo of my actual dog with a small portion of my actual DVD collection.
Here's the deal:  I have a lot of DVDs. I mean, a lot!  Often, in the course of events,  I find that I have acquired more than one copy of the same movie.  This might be because I bought a new copy on Blu-ray, or I bought a new edition with more extras, or I accidentally bought the full-screen version and had to replace it with the wide-screen version, or I bought a box collection that had three movies I didn't already have, but one I did.  Whatever the case, I have a big stack of DVDs that are going to be leaving my home one way or another,  and I thought it might be fun to give them to you, my beloved readers.

So here's how this is going to work:  I have fifty-six movies to give away.  They are (in no particular order):
  • Grease
  • Bambi (2-Dsc Special Edition)
  • Fantasia
  • Doctor Zhivago
  • Fame (1980)
  • The Karate Kid (1984)
  • The Exorcist
  • Ben-Hur
  • Airport
  • The Judy Garland Christmas Show
  • Titanic
  • Raising Victor Vargas
  • That Thing You Do
  • Gladiator
  • Austin Powers In Goldmember
  • The Princess Bride
  • Tarzan's Secret Treasure
  • Across The Universe (2-Disc Deluxe Edition)
  • Wild Child (Emma Roberts and Alex Pettyfer, not Francois Truffaut, Region 2, PAL)
  • Enter The Dragon
  • The Searchers
  • Road To Perdition (Full Screen)
  • Flipped (2010)
  • Young Frankenstein
  • The Goonies
  • Master and Commander:  The Far Side of the World
  • Logan's Run
  • Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
  • Napoleon Dynamite
  • North By Northwest
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (2-Disc Special Edition)
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show (2-Disc Special Edition)
  • Moulin Rouge (2001, (2-Disc Special Edition)
  • William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet
  • Amadeus
  • Fight Club (2-Disc Special Edition)
  • White Christmas
  • Flash Gordon (1980)
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • A Christmas Carol (1951)
  • Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • It's A Wonderful Life
  • The Aviator
  • Beauty and the Beast (2-Disc Special Edition)
  • Goldfinger
  • Thunderball
  • From Russia With Love
  • For Your Eyes Only
  • Dr. No
  • Gone With The Wind (4-Disc Special Edition)
  • The Bridge on the River Kwai (2-Disc Special Edition)
  • A Star Is Born (Garland)
  • Cabaret
  • Groundhog Day
  • The Wizard of Oz (3-Disc Special Edition)
  • The Towering Inferno`
1st prize winner gets to choose any fifteen movies from the list.
2nd prize is fifteen movies chosen from the list of forty-one remaining movies. 
3rd prize is fifteen movies chosen from the list of twenty-six remaining movies.
4th prize is the eleven remaining movies.

Got that?

To enter,  email me at TheBigGayContest@gmail.com and tell me the name of your favorite movie, and why it is your favorite.  Winners will be chosen at random, but some of my favorite answers may be published on my blog. One entry only, please. Contest ends on March 31, 2011.
Unless noted, these are all Region 1, NTSC  DVDs. They really are all from my collection and therefore have all been previously viewed. As far as I know, all are in good working condition, but I am offering them to you as is.  I will ship prizes anywhere in the world. Good luck!




2 comments:

Project Pretty Boy 2 said...

The Wizard Of Oz is my favorite because it has held up for 72 years and still captures the hearts of those it is in dedication. I wish not to be chosen, no offence, just need nobody to know my address, but a hint- I'm not a floridiot

Jason Shaw said...

What an amazing collecting and what an amazingly generous competition you are running.

I'd enter myself, however, I'm region 2 and pal, and I've only got old kit, so no point in me depriving others of the change to take advantage of your sweet generosity. hugs a plenty my dear.