Buy Stuff

Sunday, October 30, 2011

25 Songs, Part 1


Once in a while I like to look at my 25 Most Played Songs list on iTunes and find out what I've been listening to. It is always a surprise to me. So, what the heck, I thought I'd take a break from posting pictures of cute boys and share some music with you.  And then I thought, what the heck,  I can post pictures of cute boys, too.

At the top of my iTunes list is Kate Bush singing The Man With The Child In His Eyes, a song she wrote when she was 16.  Love the song, although it isn't my favorite Kate Bush song, but the video is a bit cheesy, I think.




The amazing blue eyes of British actor Eugene Simon.
More songs and boys after the jump.



I have no idea how I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You became the second most listened to song on my computer.  I've had the song for ages- I think it was an iTunes free song of the week at one time- but when Darren Criss sang it on Glee, I remember thinking I knew the song, but not being sure where I knew it from. I could have sworn it was some semi-obscure song from the 1980s. It's one of those cute/annoying songs, like Toni Basil's Mickey, that can really get under your skin.



Also, I had no idea until just now how cute the lead singer of Black Kids is. Reggie Youngblood is his name, I've just learned.


And speaking of Darren Criss...!

I don't care what you think of Glee, but Darren Criss and the Dalton Warblers' rendition of Teenage Dream was one of the most thrilling things I have ever seen on TV.  I don't know if it knocked the breath out of me or I simply forgot to breath. I'm  pretty sure I had this song on constant repeat for about a week.



The last time I checked, To Sir With Love, Lulu's one big American hit, was at the top of my list, but now it has slipped to #5.  It's pretty amazing- this song was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S. for five weeks, and the #1 song of 1967.  In the U.K. it was only released as a "b" side.  And yet, Lulu is still a beloved star in the U.K. and is remembered in the U.S. for this song, and this song only.    P.S. It really is a wonderful song. 

Wouldn't the movie To Sir With Love have been 100 times better if the boys in it had been wearing these nifty school uniforms?

 


#6 is Samson by Regina Spektor. I can guarantee that this song would be highter in by ranking, but she has recorded this song twice, and I listen to them both versions.
Samson from The Old Testament. Oh, and hey there, Delilah!
Sami @ Select Models
 More to come....

2 comments:

Michael said...

My top 25 has 6 songs by SHINee, half of which are the Top 3.

jaymcfly said...

what a great post , I rather like the lightening seeds and many moons ago I had the pleasure of seeing them do a warm up show in a tiny club in soho .

great to see Teenage Dream , I remember at the time thinking what a thrilling moment in the show seeing another boy sing to another boy . Quite powerfull I thought .

my fav kate bush song for today would be ' Hounds of love '