Buy Stuff

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Heads Up, Dear Readers

Blogger has made an interesting announcement. In part it reads:

Starting March 23, 2015, you won't be able to publicly share images and video that are sexually explicit or show graphic nudity on Blogger.
Note: We’ll still allow nudity if the content offers a substantial public benefit, for example in artistic, educational, documentary, or scientific contexts.

That's pretty vague, if you ask me.  What this means is that a lot of blogs are going to disappear.  And it also means that blogs that you probably don't think are sexually explicit or graphic may disappear without warning.  I don't think that this blog has any content that could be considered adult in nature, but who knows what Blogger (or should I say Google) thinks.  I've already removed Google ads because some of my content was too hot for them to handle. I was earning about $600 per year from this blog; small change to be sure, but a lot compared to the absolutely nothing I'm getting now.

I mention this for a reason.  Even though I've been thinking a lot lately about letting this blog die a dignified death, I'll be damned if I would allow Google to kill it.  So, dear readers, if you are a regular reader,  please remember that I own the domain VerasBigGayBlog.com, and if I get nuked by Big Brother, I will surely relocate at that address. Perhaps it won't come to that. 

Meanwhile, enjoy this picture of a boy with no shirt on.

P.S.  I can also be found at Tumblr at Auntie Vera's Other Blog, and Christopher's Obsessions.

2 comments:

deejohn said...

Vera, A boy with no shirt! How shocking haha! It looks like a landmark day for Blogger, and I see that some bloggers are already planning to shut down because of this decision...after all it would take them forever to remove the many so called explicit images.
And if some did post up an artistic tasteful nude then it would be like walking on thin glass as we're not to know just how far Google would let us take it. So I suppose it will certainly be the end of all adult male gay blogs.
We really do seem to be going backwards with this sudden announcement of censorship.

Dee.

bufs said...

For shame. So corporate driven 'gentrification' rears its ugly head yet again, razing all in its path for the sake of bland, predictable homogeneity. A pox on your house, Google.