Buy Stuff

Saturday, May 28, 2016

I'll Call You Anything You'd Like


This rather spectacular face belongs to 20-year-old New Yorker, skinny young thing, and up-and-coming (don't even say it...) actor Timothée Chalamet. He is starring in the film adaptation of Andre Aciman's excellent novel Call Me by Your Name. The novel, about a 17-year-old's infatuation with a graduate student (played by Armie Hammer in the film) who is staying in his family's home on the Italian Riviera, is one of my favorites, and you should read it, like right now.

3 comments:

Pitbullshark said...

Wow, thank you for that (those) recommendations! I just now ordered the book and will keep my eyes out for that movie.

Vera said...

Gosh, I hope you like it as much as I did. I feel a real sense of responsibility now.

Pitbullshark said...

I'm going to blame you if I hate the book! No, just kidding. I will most likely really like it, but even if I don't, that has to do with me, not you. I am amazed at how many people do not like, understand, or appreciate awesome things that I recommend, particularly in the realm of music, but that's their problem, not mine. If they miss out on something really good, too bad for them. The same goes here with me, although I find that there is something in most things that I can find to like.

And regarding the movie which I sure hope to see, I doubt I will suffer during two hours of watching the faces and bodies of Timothee Chalamet, whom you introduced to me here on this page, and Armie Hammer, whom I already like a lot. Seems like that movie is a winner just on the casting alone!