Buy Stuff

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Remember The Time I Became Obsessed With A Boy I Saw On The Internet And Spent Almost Two Days Trying To Find Out His Name?



It seems it like it was only yesterday... because it was. 

It's that time of year when lovely boys flock to the fashion capitols of the world, ostensibly to show off the men's apparel that the big design houses hope will be all the rage next summer, but really to become part of the art projects that the designers call their "collections," even though ninety per cent of the things you see on the runway will never be sold in any store. It's called "Fashion Week," but if you are paying attention you know that there are so many Fashion Weeks for one thing or another, or one place or another, that it's almost easier to point out the times that aren't Fashion Week. For those who care, last week was Men's Spring/Summer 2017 Fashion Week in Paris, and the week before was Men's S/S '17 in Milan.

This year, like last year, and every other year before that, I was unable to attend.  Instead I spent some quality time poring over the runway photos of every major show. I always think that runway photos are about the least effective tools for scoping out hot guys, because the looks that the boys are decked out in are almost always ridiculous, the boys almost always look miserable, and they are often styled in a way that is meant to detract from their natural beauty. Despite all that, I was checking out as many of the shows as I could find. 

As usual, there were many familiar faces, and a few people who were clearly the season's breakout stars (I'm talking about you, Ville Sydfors) but there was one boy who I kept seeing over and over again who really caught my eye.  His name is... but I'm getting ahead of myself.  The fact is that I did not know his name. I knew that I had never seen him, because this was a boy that I would have remembered; rail thin, a cherubic face, green eyes that look like they had seen things, and the most glorious mop of dark brown hair that I have seen since maybe ever.  I had to know who he was, where he was from, what he had done so far.  













Not to worry, I thought, I have resources to help me figure these things out. First find out what shows he has walked in: Prada, Dior Hommes, Diesel Black Gold, MSGM, Kolor, Ann Demeulemeester, Miaoran. All right then, Models.com frequently runs a page on each of the major shows and lists "all the people in this show." All I had to do is go through the list until I found him. Trouble is, he wasn't on any of the lists. Ok, I'll try a Google image search. For every image I searched  Google very kindly let me know that their "best guess for this image" was "Fashion Model."  How very helpful.  Next, I went searching for backstage photos from all of the shows he had participated in.  There he was all right, hanging with the other models, having his hair done, waiting in line for his turn, smiling, laughing.  No name though. 














In the end it was Instagram that came to my rescue. A hashtag search for #Dior Hommes led me to thousands of pictures, and yes, my boy was there, and after clicking on quite a few images I came upon the Holy Grail, his name! It only took about nine hours over two days, but I had found it.

So, then, allow me to introduce Andrei Dobrin, a 16-year-old from Romania who started modeling last fall. Was it worth the effort? 







 There are many more pictures after the break.































3 comments:

Pitbullshark said...

Please tell me he didn't come from one those horrible Romanian orphanages.

deejohn said...

Vera, It was just by chance that I saw Andrei for the first time earlier today (Sun) on one of those fashion tumblr's. And it's one that has a habit of picking out some of the cutest new models.

The tumblr I found him on was JUST DROP IT HERE tumblr. The address is pronounced differently. http://justdropithere.tumblr.com


Think of all the time and work you might have saved had you gone there originally.

Anonymous said...

about 9 hours in two days !!! . but this boy is nice