Buy Stuff

Friday, December 23, 2016

Flashback Friday

Here's something that you've probably never heard of: In 1961 a film was released called Tintin et le Mystère de La Toison d'or (Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece) starring 18-year-old neophyte actor Jean-Pierre Talbot as the beloved character TintinTalbot looked exactly like the Tintin of the comics, but at the same time he was almost distractingly hunky.  Not that I'm complaining.  He starred in a second Tintin film in 1964, and that was it for his acting career. He became a teacher, no doubt a distractingly hunky teacher.


3 comments:

Pitbullshark said...

You are right, I never knew that! I do know the cartoon version that came out a few years ago, which I saw and liked, wherein my favorite character was the little dog. I would have liked this live version, I am sure!

deejohn said...

Vera, I recently saw the two films on tv. And I actually liked the 'Golden Fleece.'
We even got to see our hero stripped down for some swimming action.
What a shame he didn't do more of those kind of films.
I think Tin Tin's hairstyle caught on in a big way over here some years ago.

Happy Holidays.

Vera said...

Tintin, while not completely unknown in the USA, is not nearly as famous and beloved here as he is (was?) in the rest of the world. A few years ago when boys started to wear their hair combed forward and pushed up in kind of horn at the front I would often refer to it as Tintin hair, almost always to blank looks from the person I was talking to who didn't have a clue who Tintin was.

Happy Holidays to both of you, Pitbullshark and deejohn, and here's to a kick ass 2017.