Buy Stuff

Friday, August 25, 2017

What's Going On Here?

This photo I posted of model Kline Barfield has gotten almost 1500 notes on Tumblr. On an extraordinary day I'll get three comments on Blogger.
I'm going to be honest, for the past year or so it has been very difficult for me to work up much enthusiasm toward running this blog. The effort to reward ratio has been very low. Readership numbers are low. Feedback, aside from a small number of devoted readers (you know who you are), is practically non-existent.  The tiny amount of financial reward I used to get from running ads has disappeared. Mostly, Blogger used to seem like a community to me, and now it seems more like shouting into the void.  In contrast, a Tumblr page that I devote almost no effort to has thousands of followers, and immediate feedback from people hitting the "like" button.

So the question is, will I continue to post to this blog? Well, probably. It's hard for me to give up on something that has been a part of my life for almost ten years. But, also, as you can see from my recent posting history, it's pretty easy to just not post, Put it this way: If it's a choice between working on my blog and an evening of Netflix and Postmates, Netflix and Postmates will almost always win.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you continue the blog! But I also don't blame you if you decide not to.

Anonymous said...

Just because you can't 'see' us, please don't think we're not here. We are avid followers who appreciate your efforts, so please don't give up!

Rogue said...

Please carry on, or point us to your other activity space, Vera!

Leo Parton said...

Kline Barfield and this picture of him with messy hair, football shorts, knobbly knees, you can only get thanks for. Any comments will be about love for him and maybe repeats of thanks to you for showing his and him, and little more about any more of you. They express liking and loving his sun flowery delightfulness, such exfloriating you cannot ever show, nor, as site control, get close to equalling the liking. Plus, many more than the mere one of you want show how much they like his looks, and so many want to say how they want to fuck with him, more than you can count, most never leaving any code to count. PLUS his mere photo is being 100+ places this very right now. You, alive, are almost zilch by comparison. And, you, a mere, duh, what, years older experiencing man with evident personality. Go and make yourself an anonymous, and there are bloggers who do that, no self evidencing. But you go be of a many anonymous silent and hidden tumblr, as if one night stands are your desire, may be 1000 silent partners one tiny quantum of time at a time. All the likes about the him. All still not you, notchoo. Oh ! THANKS for the photo. :-)

Kinky Nik said...

I echo those sentiments, Dearest V. My own little blog was not in your league but the percentage of comments to views was infinitesimal. Leo was my top commentator and he's as mad as a box of frogs.

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your blog for some time now. I never commented before because I didn't think it would improve your blog. Sorry to hear you're thinking of possibly stopping. That would be sad.

Tim Woolsey said...

I love your blog! We have the same tastes in men. Having been to GB last fall, I also love your photography. best wishes and thanks!!